Evans to be a Rocket through 2016
Women’s soccer coach Brad Evans agreed to a contract extension Tuesday that will keep him in Toledo through the 2016 season, Athletic Director Mike O’Brien announced.
Evans, about to begin his 12th season at the helm, has led the Rockets to 118-82-24 overall record.
“Brad has rebuilt a national-caliber program while being the head coach at the University of Toledo,” O’Brien said. “We’re pleased about this commitment to Brad and look forward to him being with us for many years to come.”
Evans has brought home three Mid-American Conference championships (2008, ’10, ’11) and a league record four conference tournament titles (2006, ‘06, ‘08, ’11). He was named the MAC Coach of the Year in 2011 for the second straight season.
“My wife [Kristen] and I would like to thank Mike and Dr. Jacobs for this contract extension and for their truly remarkable support of the Toledo Women’s Soccer program,” Evans said. “I’m grateful for the tremendous faith they have shown in me over the years and I’m thrilled with what we have accomplished in developing a first-class soccer program both on and off the field.”
Evans led Toledo to the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time, also a conference record last season. He coached three MAC Players of the Year and 14 All-Conference selections.
His 41-10-4 MAC record over the last five years is the best mark in the league.
“This type of long-term success does not happen without great support,” Evans said. “For over a decade, my family has been enthusiastic and proud residents of the Toledo area, and we will be for years to come.”
Evans and his players have also seen great success off the field and in the classroom. Their 3.61 GPA for the 2010-11 school year was fifth best in the country.
Toledo had a top-10 team GPA in each of the last six years.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More independentcollegian News Articles
Recent independentcollegian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
- UT board approves contract, $392,700 salary for Naganathan
- Trustees name simulation center after Jacobs
- Advertise with The Independent Collegian
- Read Lloyd Jacobs' contract as president emeritus
- Engineering dean named interim University of Toledo president
- Jacobs to step down at the end of June
- Tuition hike proposed for 2014-2015 school year
RECENT INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit