Evans to be a Rocket through 2016

By Jay Skebba
On August 8, 2012

Women’s soccer coach Brad Evans agreed to a contract extension Tuesday that will keep him in Toledo through the 2016 season, Athletic Director Mike O’Brien announced.

Evans, about to begin his 12th season at the helm, has led the Rockets to 118-82-24 overall record.

“Brad has rebuilt a national-caliber program while being the head coach at the University of Toledo,” O’Brien said. “We’re pleased about this commitment to Brad and look forward to him being with us for many years to come.”

Evans has brought home three Mid-American Conference championships (2008, ’10, ’11) and a league record four conference tournament titles (2006, ‘06, ‘08, ’11). He was named the MAC Coach of the Year in 2011 for the second straight season.

“My wife [Kristen] and I would like to thank Mike and Dr. Jacobs for this contract extension and for their truly remarkable support of the Toledo Women’s Soccer program,” Evans said. “I’m grateful for the tremendous faith they have shown in me over the years and I’m thrilled with what we have accomplished in developing a first-class soccer program both on and off the field.”

Evans led Toledo to the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time, also a conference record last season. He coached three MAC Players of the Year and 14 All-Conference selections.

His 41-10-4 MAC record over the last five years is the best mark in the league.

“This type of long-term success does not happen without great support,” Evans said. “For over a decade, my family has been enthusiastic and proud residents of the Toledo area, and we will be for years to come.”

Evans and his players have also seen great success off the field and in the classroom. Their 3.61 GPA for the 2010-11 school year was fifth best in the country.

Toledo had a top-10 team GPA in each of the last six years.