Jo Campbell resigns from Residence Life director
Jo Campbell, director of Residence Life, resigned from her position last month.
In a joint statement, UT President Lloyd Jacobs and Kaye Patten Wallace, vice president for the Student Experience, said Campbell was “permitted to resign in the face of concern about student-centeredness and safety issues in the Residence Life program.”
Patten Wallace said in a separate statement that UT is a safe environment for students, citing swipe access into residence halls and educational programs on safety.
Patten Wallace said Virginia Speight, associate director of Residence Life, is currently filling in as the administration works to name Campbell’s permanent replacement.
“While no specific timeline is in place, we will move deliberately to establish a search committee with the hopes of starting the process by the end of the summer,” Patten Wallace said. “We will establish a search committee and place advertisements for the position in various print and online forum,”
Patten Wallace said much of the search will have a national reach and will be open to all who meet the qualifications.
“No matter who is in the leadership role, UT is committed to ensuring that the university’s values continue to permeate the residence halls and students are living and learning in a safe, clean and respectful environment.”
According to UT’s website, the primary goal of the Resident Life’s director is to support the mission to foster academic and social successes for students.
The director works with the Living Learning Communities, Greek Life and the Greek Village Policy Committee concerning McComas Village. He or she also oversees the counseling center and alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention efforts.
Other duties include developing the residence halls’ budget, coordinating maintenance improvements of facilities and administering social and educational programs.
While serving as a liaison with the campus food service director to develop food programs, they also oversee staff selection, training and evaluation.
Campbell could not be reached for comment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More independentcollegian News Articles
Recent independentcollegian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
- UT board approves contract, $392,700 salary for Naganathan
- Trustees name simulation center after Jacobs
- Advertise with The Independent Collegian
- Read Lloyd Jacobs' contract as president emeritus
- Engineering dean named interim University of Toledo president
- Jacobs to step down at the end of June
- Tuition hike proposed for 2014-2015 school year
RECENT INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit