Stabbing suspect gets life
Lawrence James, who plead guilty to fatally stabbing University of Toledo sophomore Casey Bucher, has been sentenced to life in prison.
James, 24, said in a pre-trial hearing last week he had dreams compelling him to stab Bucher.
James will be eligible for parole after 16 years.
Bucher was 22 years old at the time of the July incident when he was stabbed once in the heart after being asked for cigarettes and change outside of Maxwell’s Brew on West Bancroft.
James had been released from a two-year prison sentence for a similar stabbing incident in 2008 just two months before he stabbed Bucher.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More independentcollegian News Articles
Recent independentcollegian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
- UT board approves contract, $392,700 salary for Naganathan
- Trustees name simulation center after Jacobs
- Advertise with The Independent Collegian
- Read Lloyd Jacobs' contract as president emeritus
- Engineering dean named interim University of Toledo president
- Jacobs to step down at the end of June
- Tuition hike proposed for 2014-2015 school year
RECENT INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit