Understanding the University of Toledo's five-year plan
Since the beginning of the semester, there's been a lot of dialogue about Imagine 2017, Provost Scott Scarborough’s five-year plan for the University of Toledo’s main campus. Below is a collection of information about the five-year plan, as well as our coverage on the topic. This page will be updated as information develops throughout the semester.
This document, released in December 2012, is the administration's detailed overview of the plan.
Honors College changes
Video 1 (Published on Sept. 18, 2012)
Main Campus provost Scott Scarborough discusses his strategy for the first 90 days in his new role, and announces that he will create a new main campus strategic plan [1:14].
Video 2 (Published on Oct. 25, 2012)
Scarborough gives an update on his work [0:35] and talks to Student Government leaders [2:00] about what things they would like to see most immediately change under a new strategic plan.
Video 3 (Published on Nov. 20, 2012)
Scarborough explains that the university is creating a strategic plan using a SWOT analysis [5:34], and there is more footage of Scarborough’s meeting with SG leaders [1:10].
Video 4 (Published on Dec. 17, 2012)
Scarborough unveils the Main Campus strategic plan, Imagine 2017 [4:00], and those involved with its development discuss it [0:44].
Video 5 (Published on Jan. 31, 2013)
Scarborough lays out the first strategy of Imagine 2017 [1:00], which involves changes to the new Jesup Scott Honors College.
Other coverageUniversity of Toledo seeks to bolster its reputation to new students with honors college overhaul (Published by The Blade, Feb. 14, 2013)
UT faculty slams plan to slash costs, courses, bump up class sizes (Published by The Blade, Jan. 17, 2013)
University of Toledo plan seeks to increase number of honors students (Published by The Blade, Dec. 17, 2012)
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More independentcollegian News Articles
Recent independentcollegian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN NEWS
- Advertise with The Independent Collegian
- Read Lloyd Jacobs' contract as president emeritus
- Engineering dean named interim University of Toledo president
- Jacobs to step down at the end of June
- Tuition hike proposed for 2014-2015 school year
- Board of Trustees sign contract to find new president
- Scarborough announced as future president of University of Akron
RECENT INDEPENDENTCOLLEGIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest