Search for new dean down to two

Published: Friday, January 11, 2013

Updated: Friday, January 11, 2013 12:01

The national search for the new dean of the Honors College has been narrowed down to two candidates. 

Lakeesha Ransom, spoke at an open forum on Dec. 8 and Stephanie deLuse will speak at an open forum on Dec. 15 at 11 a.m. in Student Union Building Room 2591.

Main Campus Provost Scott Scarborough said a decision will be made soon after the forums. 

“We are eager to start implementing our new vision for the honors college and a selection of a permanent dean is critical to bring that to life,” Scarborough said in an email.

Ransom is a visiting professor at Assumption University of Thailand and teaches entrepreneurship and customer relationship management. She is a principal at Mariposa Global and consults with Fortune 200 companies about strategic management.

DeLuse is an honors faculty fellow and principal lecturer for Barrett, the honors college at Arizona State University.

“I am excited about the finalists that the committee has brought forward, each brings to the table a skill set that makes them highly attractive for this position,” Scarborough said. “I’m anxious to receive feedback from the campus community on each.”

The current interim dean is Patsy Komuniecki. The former dean, Tom Barden, stepped down at the end of the last semester and will retire from UT in May.