Six UT players honored by Mid-American Conference

Published: Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Updated: Thursday, December 1, 2011 03:12

S_Football-1.jpg

File photo by Nick Kneer

Toledo junior Eric Page was appointed to the 2011 All-MAC team at three different positions.

Six Rockets were named to the 2011 All-MAC football team, the conference announced on Tuesday.  

Junior Eric Page grabbed first team honors as wide receiver, kick returner and punt returner.

Now at 293 career receptions, Page surpassed New Orleans Saints wideout Lance Moore to become Toledo's all-time leading receiver this season. He has caught a program-record 112 receptions this year, ranking third in the nation and second in the MAC in receptions per game (9.3).

The NFL-bound returner was 17th in the nation and third in the MAC in punt returns (10.9), and sixth in kickoff returns (23.4). He also ranks seventh in the nation and first in the MAC in all-purpose yards (169.3). Page was named to the conferences first-team as a wideout and kick returner last season as well.

Senior offensive tackle Mike VanDerMeulen and senior cornerback Desmond Marrow join teammate Page on the All-Mac first team. Marrow leads the Rockets with 78 tackles and 3 interceptions this season.

Senior running back Adonis Thomas earned second-team accolades despite missing the better part of four games with a broken arm. Thomas has scored 11 touchdowns to go with his team-leading 963 rushing yards. He is 18th in nation and fourth in the conference in rushing yards per game (107) and leads all MAC running backs with 6.5 rushing average.

Sophomore center Zac Kerin joins Thomas in being named to the All-MAC second-team. Kerin was a key player for a unit which ranks eighth in the nation and first in the MAC in total offense (493.2), in addition to eighth in the nation and second in the MAC in fewest sacks allowed (9)

Junior defensive lineman T.J. Fatinikun was named third-team All-MAC despite missing the final six games of the season due to injury. Prior to his injury he was tied for third in MAC with 7.5 tackles for loss.

With the regular seaon now oever, and no trip to Ford Field for a MAC championship, the Rcokets must wait for their bowl destination.

The Bowl Selection Show will be on Sunday.