RSS News
RSS Sports
RSS Forum
    $alttext

Editorial: No golden parachutes, please

>

Creating a brand-new job for a departing president raises too many questions. 

Full story

$alttext

Danielle Gamble: Spineless in student senate

>

It is rare that I am angered to the point that I become literally sick to my stomach. But it happened yesterday, April 15, at Student Government while senate debated if they should pass a resolution supporting marriage equality.

Full story

$alttext

Paris Black: From procrastination to graduation

>

As I tried on my cap and gown, anticipating graduation, it was as if my entire college career flashed before my eyes. I remembered how after high school I didn’t even want to go to college, let alone the University of Toledo. I watched as all my friends applied to college as I worked a full-time job in the deli department at Kroger. What a great future I was making for myself. 

Full story

$alttext

Shagufta Sami: Experiences of a newbie cook

>

Being an Indian isn’t easy. No, I don’t mean it in a serious life crises way, but it’s funny how people ask some really ridiculous questions when meeting an Indian for the first time. When I first got to the U.S., I was frequently asked how my English was so good. Well, I come from a country with the second largest English-speaking population in the world. Of course my English is good. “Do people in India sing and dance all the time like in Bollywood movies?” You have got to be kidding me. No, we do not ride an elephant during our weddings — that is 100 percent “Slumdog Millionaire.”
    And there was this — “Do you only eat spicy food?” Yeah, all my taste buds were singed off at birth, so now I can’t taste food unless it’s doused in hot sauce.

Full story

The Student Green Fund: Response to criticism

>

The Student Green Fund has put forward a referendum this week on the myUT portal respectfully requesting support for the transition to a $5 opt-out fee. The Student Green Fund was originally designed to operate as an opt-out fee initiate. The Green Fund, in conversation with university President Jacobs, agreed to start as an opt-in fee in order to prove its worth and impact with the possibility of reverting back to the initial proposal.

Full story

$alttext

Ron Johns: The Green Fund opt-out scam

>

The Green Fund wishing for opt-out status of donations can be seen as nothing better than a slick haired conman selling insurance against a volcano eruption in Toledo, Ohio.

Full story

RSS Arts&Life
RSS Multimedia