Understanding the University of Toledo's five-year plan

Published: Monday, February 18, 2013

Updated: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 06:03

Since the beginning of the semester, there's been a lot of dialogue about 'Imagine 2017', Provost Scott Scarborough’s five-year plan for the University of Toledo’s main campus.  Below is a collection of information about the five-year plan, as well as our coverage on the topic. This page will be updated as information develops throughout the semester.

The plan

This document, released in December 2012, is the administration's detailed overview of the plan.

Our coverage

Honors College changes

“The Provost Corner” Youtube series

Video 1 (Published Sept. 18, 2012)

Main Campus provost Scott Scarborough discusses his strategy for the first 90 days in his new role, and announces that he will create a new main campus strategic plan [1:14].

Video 2 (Published Oct. 25, 2012)

Scarborough gives an update on his work [0:35] and talks to Student Government leaders [2:00] about what things they would like to see most immediately change under a new strategic plan.

Video 3 (Published Nov. 20, 2012)

Scarborough explains that the university is creating a strategic plan using a SWOT analysis [5:34], and there is more footage of Scarborough’s meeting with SG leaders [1:10].

Video 4 (Published Dec. 17, 2012)

Scarborough unveils the Main Campus strategic plan, Imagine 2017 [4:00], and those involved with its development discuss it [0:44].

Video 5 (Published Jan. 31, 2013)

Scarborough lays out the first strategy of Imagine 2017 [1:00], which involves changes to the new Jesup Scott Honors College.