Understanding the University of Toledo's five-year plan
Published: Monday, February 18, 2013
Updated: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 06:03
Since the beginning of the semester, there's been a lot of dialogue about 'Imagine 2017', Provost Scott Scarborough’s five-year plan for the University of Toledo’s main campus. Below is a collection of information about the five-year plan, as well as our coverage on the topic. This page will be updated as information develops throughout the semester.
This document, released in December 2012, is the administration's detailed overview of the plan.
- Faculty Senate discusses new colleges (Published Wednesday, March 12, 2013)
- Trustee chair grilled by Faculty Senate (Published Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013)
- University of Toledo students question five-year plan at forum (Published Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013)
- Students discuss concerns about provost’s five-year plan (Published Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013)
- Online service to help University of Toledo students find internships (Published Wednesday, Feb.13, 2013)
- Bigger classes, faculty cuts continue to fuel debate (Published Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013)
- Faculty: Staffing changes would hurt students (Published Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013)
- New college, faculty changes part of Scarborough's plan for next five years (Published Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013)
Honors College changes
- Honors College changes in progress (Published: Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013)
- New Honors College dean takes the reins (Published: Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013)
“The Provost Corner” Youtube series
Video 1 (Published Sept. 18, 2012)
Main Campus provost Scott Scarborough discusses his strategy for the first 90 days in his new role, and announces that he will create a new main campus strategic plan [1:14].
Video 2 (Published Oct. 25, 2012)
Scarborough gives an update on his work [0:35] and talks to Student Government leaders [2:00] about what things they would like to see most immediately change under a new strategic plan.
Video 3 (Published Nov. 20, 2012)
Scarborough explains that the university is creating a strategic plan using a SWOT analysis [5:34], and there is more footage of Scarborough’s meeting with SG leaders [1:10].
Video 4 (Published Dec. 17, 2012)
Scarborough unveils the Main Campus strategic plan, Imagine 2017 [4:00], and those involved with its development discuss it [0:44].
Video 5 (Published Jan. 31, 2013)
Scarborough lays out the first strategy of Imagine 2017 [1:00], which involves changes to the new Jesup Scott Honors College.