Embracing your beauty

There’s always room for growth when it comes to learning to love yourself. 

Embrace Your Face is a bareMinerals makeup and skincare event that will take place 6 – 10 p.m. Sept. 7 in the University of Toledo’s Student Union, room 3020. 

The beauty bash will highlight the importance of having a proper and balanced beauty regimen and provide young women with the right tools to do so. 

Fourth-year marketing major Amber Thomas will host the event for StyleList Fashion, a UT student organization.

“As young women transitioning into adulthood, it is imperative that we understand what our skin needs,” Thomas said. “This event will provide ladies with the information they need in a fun setting.”

According to a press release by StyleList, the beauty affair “encourages young women to understand and ‘embrace your face’ from start of your cleanser to the end of your makeup application.”

Attendees will be fully immersed in different aspects of the beauty world and will have the opportunity to test bareMinerals products at the beauty bar. 

There will also be a discussion showcasing four of the Toledo-area’s beauty business people. These beauty experts will serve as panelists who will help give insight and tips on how to have a proper makeup and skincare regimen.

TiAnna Anderson, chief content strategist of Anderson Innovative Marketing, will be one of the panelists of Embrace Your Face. She works with small businesses and beauty professionals to develop online content to reach their target audience and increase their visibility and sales.

Anderson says women should know how to “cut through industry buzzwords to understand what is needed for their skin.”

“Young women need to learn to accept themselves for who they are and what they look like at any given moment,” Anderson said. “Self-confidence is our most important asset as women.”

In addition to the panel discussion, Anderson and the other three panelists will demonstrate proper makeup application on an audience member and be available to answer attendees’ questions.

To register for the event, visit the StyleList organization page on OrgSync.