Men’s and Women’s Cross Country runs in Cedarville

The University of Toledo women’s cross-country team placed fifth in the Women’s Division I All-Ohio Championship on Friday, Sept. 29 in Cedarville, OH at Cedarville University.   

Women

The Rockets were led by Janelle Noe, a fourth-year runner, who placed 11th at 22:09.0 and contributed to the team score of 138. Noe missed a top-10 finish by under three seconds in the 6K Course.

"Today was a very solid day for us," Toledo head coach Linh Nguyen said in a UTRockets interview. "This was a chance for those that did not travel last week to see some competition. Janelle had a very strong showing to lead the group."

Stephanie Sherman, a second-year runner, finished in the top 20 at the 22:32.3 mark, while Nina Bendixen, a third-year runner, placed 32nd at the 22:54.2 mark.

Other Rockets finished in the top 40. Amanda Bakley, a first-year runner, placed 38th at 23:01.7, and Maddie Ferner, a second-year runner, placed 40th at 23:05.7.     

"Overall, I'm very pleased with the way the women ran," Nguyen said in the UTRockets interview. "Up and down the line, they listened to the race plan and ran good races."

Men

Four Rockets placed in the top 70 in the men’s race. Ben Williams, a first-year runner, placed 58th at the 27:29.9 mark and led the team, followed by Jax Talbot, a fourth-year runner, at 27:36.2.

Aidan Gallagher and Clinton Caddell, second- and fourth-year runners, finished in 62nd and 67th place, respectively, with times of 27:59.5 and 29:35.6.

The midnight blue and gold runners will be on the road in a week and half when they travel to Peoria, IL for the Bradley Pink Classic on Friday, Oct. 13 and to Louisville, KY for the NCAA Pre-Nationals the following day on Saturday, Oct. 14.