Rockets prepare for Homecoming

The University of Toledo Rockets will square off against the Eastern Michigan University Eagles for their homecoming game. Both teams are coming off a bye week and ready to get back to playing football.
The Toledo Rockets’ last game was a 52-30 loss to No.14 ranked University of Miami. Fourth-year quarterback Logan Woodside threw for 342 yards in the loss, continuing his streak of being the most dominant quarterback in the Mid-American Conference.
 Woodside is leading the MAC in virtually every category a quarterback can, and is ranked eighth in the nation for passing yardage (336.5 yards/game). Fourth-year wide receiver Cody Thompson has been Woodside’s top target, bringing in a team-best 27 total catches and 126.2 receiving yards per game.
EMU will have to rely on their strong defense to stop the Rockets high powered offense. The EMU defense racked up season-high numbers in both sacks and tackles for loss in their narrow 24-20 loss to the University of Kentucky. 
Toledo and Eastern Michigan will be meeting for the 45th time in their history. Toledo leads the series 33-11 and has won the last 10 games in the series. In last year’s matchup, Toledo took the game by a score of 35-20. This year’s game will be at noon on Oct. 7 in the Glass Bowl. The matchup will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.