Clifton: The final stretch

April 25, 2018

The end of the spring semester is a very conflicting time between immense stress and utter excitement. We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Our upcoming assignments are dwindling down and summer break is right around the corner. There’s just one major thing between us and four months of leisure: final exams.

For some, final exams can make or break a passing grade, hence the immense stress. It doesn’t help that these important examinations happen at the same time students reach an all-time low in self-motivation.

At this point in the semester we have passed the withdrawal date and have no choice but to push through the course in the best of our abilities. As the weather begins to warm up, it’s easy to get stuck in the summer mindset of relaxation rather than cramming for your finals. Classes begin to get harder to attend and our focus is absent.

Although finals aren’t a determination of passing and failing for everyone, many students are trying to simply maintain the same strong-willed attitude to preserve their grades until the everlasting semester comes to an end.

Though I am not familiar with the feeling myself, I can only imagine how the upcoming graduates are reacting to their concluding semester of school. This final stretch isn’t only between them and summer relaxation but the start of their future careers.

I wish the best of luck for all the students at UT as we wrap up the end of this spring semester. Remember to finish just as strong as you began; the end is near.