Exploring night life in Toledo

Adams Street downtown was closed Sunday from 11th street to 20th street for The Village on Adams’ fifth annual Adams Street Block Party, hosted from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.

According to their Facebook page, “the purpose of the Village on Adams is to unify Adams Street with a common vision for promoting the street’s strengths and finding opportunity for improvement.”

The kid-friendly festival featured food trucks, drink specials and live entertainment.

“I came for the food,” laughed long-time Toledo resident Justin Lombrana.

Wristbands could be purchased for $5, which gained visitors entry into the participating venues. The festivities on the street were free for all ages.

Garfield Elementary School teenager, Lamarr Sledge, said he enjoyed the 6 p.m. water balloon fight that took place as part of water games hosted at the party.

Visitors to the block party could also pay to dunk local celebrities in a dunk tank or form teams and play, “Giant Water Pong.”

Toledo residents Colleen Bruce and Nikki Hurtsellers said they brought their kindergarten children to the festival because it’s a “good, loving, safe kind of party.”

More events the organization hosts include Adams Street Clean-ups at 12 p.m. on September 16 and October 21.

The Village on Adams will also host the Adams Street Zombie Crawl 5 p.m. – 1 a.m. October 20. 

Adams Street will be closed again from 11th street to 20th street for the crawl. 

Volunteers are needed for the event. If anyone is interested, they can contact the Village on Adams at 951.923.2679.