Content feeds update every 60 minutes | Virginia Tech Tragedy Articles

Breaking News

New Internet and cable bundle fee revealed amidst student protest

Student Life, Washington University in St. Louis, Washington University in St. Louis, MO

1 day ago by David Brody

Students buying Internet access from Student Technology Services this fall will now be required to pay for cable television as well. Student Technology Services (STS) announced that the new service package will cost $240 per semester and that unbundled services will not be available.

Reinharz condemns British boycott of Israeli academics

The Justice, Brandeis University, Brandeis University, MA

1 hour ago by Rachel Marder

University President Jehuda Reinharz helped organize an initiative to condemn a proposed British boycott of Israeli institutions.

Oduwole released from Madison County Jail

The Alestle, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, IL

7 hours ago

SIUE student Olutosin O. Oduwole has been released from custody.

Oduwole was arrested Friday, July 20, on felony charges of theft over $300 and computer fraud. The Madison County State's Attorney later charged Oduwole with misdemeanor unauthorized possession of a weapon on state property and alleged attempt to make a terrorist threat, a felony charge.

Romney wins straw poll, Huckabee second

Daily Iowan, University of Iowa, University of Iowa, IA

19 hours ago by The Daily Iowan Staff

UPDATED - 08/11/07 - 8:38 P.M.

As expected, Mitt Romney won the Iowa straw poll held in Ames today with a total of 31 percent of the votes after 90 minute delay in the release of the final tally due to mechanical problems.

UPDATE: Party ordinance hearing postponed

The Observer, University of Notre Dame, University of Notre Dame, IN

1 day ago by Observer Staff Report

The South Bend Common Council has postponed discussion of a proposed ordinance that would require off-campus students to register any large gathering with the city at least 10 days in advance.

The ordinance, which was proposed earlier this summer, would apply to occupants of "boarding houses" - residences with two or more unrelated persons - hosting gatherings with 25 or more guests.

University Names Replacement CFO

Columbia Daily Spectator, Columbia University, Columbia University, NY

1 day ago by Daniella Zalcman

Columbia has selected Anne Rollow Sullivan as its new executive vice president for finance after a nationwide search, the University announced in a press release on Monday.

Deployed Marine Chases Dream Through National

The National Herald, National University, National University, CA

1 day ago by alyssa ramos

Gideon Peterson promised his dying mother years ago that no matter what -- he would get his degree.

Little did he know that he'd be keeping that promise with National University's help while battling insugents in Iraq.

"I am now 34 years old, and I did not want to wait another minute to complete my education," he said.

Standout tackle Boone out for season

The Daily Utah Chronicle, University of Utah, University of Utah, UT

2 days ago by Cody Brunner

It's only been a week and a half since the U football team started their fall practices and the team has already been dealt a huge blow. Senior offensive tackle Jason Boone tore the ACL in his left leg on Thursday, sidelining him for the remainder of the season.

Candlelight vigil to honor Temple pitcher scheduled for tonight

Temple News, Temple University, Temple University, PA

2 days ago by John Kopp

A candlelight vigil to reflect upon the life of Temple pitcher Richie Gargel will be held at 8 p.m. tonight at the little league field located on 26th Street in Brigantine, N.J., the St. Cloud Times reported.

Gargel, who was pitching for the St. Cloud River Bats of the Northwood Summer League, passed away Wednesday at St.

Mendoza still claims his life was in jeopardy

UNC Mirror, University of Northern Colorado, University of Northern Colorado, CO

2 days ago by Nate Taylor

As Judge Marcelo Kopcow read a guilty verdict for assault in the case against Mitch Cozad, there was closure for the Mendoza family, but anguish for the Cozad family.

While University of Northern Colorado punter Rafael Mendoza said he still maintains that his former backup Cozad tried to kill him - the jury found Cozad not guilty of attempted first-degree murder - he understands the case supporting the charge was not very strong.

Saturday events coverage

Iowa State Daily, Iowa State University, Iowa State University, IA

2 days ago

The Iowa State Daily is currently on summer hiatus. However, there will be some events coverage this Saturday. The Daily returns to its normal publication schedule on the first day of classes — Monday, August 20.

Close

Filter displayed content by...

Athletic Conference
ZIP Code
Region

...or show everything

Show Content From Everywhere

Click below to display syndicated content from all national college newspapers.